Sales Cloud Add-On Install Guide
- What is the GridBuddy sales cloud add-on?
- Installing the sales cloud add-on
- GridBuddy for sales cloud installation steps
- Post-install instructions
- View package contents in the grid tab
- Add grids tab to your default view
- Set up editable related lists on Salesforce record detail pages
- Add custom list buttons to list views
- Customize grids to add the fields and filter conditions you want
- What’s Included
What is the GridBuddy Sales Cloud Add-On?
The GridBuddy Sales Cloud Add-on is a starter pack for GridBuddy that includes grids and page layout components for streamlining Salesforce Sales Cloud use cases. Once installed, each grid can be modified to match your unique requirements.
Installing the Sales Cloud Add-On
You must have GridBuddy Unlimited version 3.22 or higher installed in the target org. To see what version of GridBuddy you are on – go to Setup > Installed Packages > GridBuddy.
To install the latest version of GridBuddy – go to the GridBuddy Unlimited AppExchange listing. If you already have an older version of GridBuddy Unlimited installed – just install over your existing version and the upgrade to the new version will run automatically keeping your existing grid configurations intact.
GridBuddy Opportunity Pipeline Manager Installation Steps
To start the add-on installation, go to www.appbuddy.com and click on the “GridBuddy for Sales Cloud” link on the home page.
This will prompt you to log in to Salesforce. Use the credentials for the org you want to install into.
Choose the appropriate Security Level and click “Next”. We recommend granting access to all users, which will grant all user profiles permission to access the GridBuddy add-on by default. You will still manage access to the GridBuddy app by assigning licenses after the install.
Lastly, click “Install”.
When the installation completes – you will see a success screen. Click the “Configure” button to launch the Getting Started page.
View package contents in the Grids tab
After installing the Managed Package – your new grids will appear in the GridBuddy “Grids” tab. To see this, select GridBuddy Opportunity Pipeline Manager from the application dropdown on the top right and then click on the “Grids” tab.
This will show you a dropdown list of all the grids included in the add-on. A new folder called “Sales Cloud” will be added to the list that shows, and this folder is assigned by default to all profiles. You can adjust access by profile permission by following the steps outlined in the “Manage Folders” section of the user guide.
Add Grids tab to your default view
We recommend adding the Grids tab to your default view for the easiest end-user access to the grids. To do this, go into your Sales Cloud view, click the “+” sign on the tabs toolbar, and then click the “Customize My Tabs” button.
Find the “Grids” tab in the “Available Tabs”, add it to the “Selected Tabs”, then click Save.
In addition to the Grids tab, you can surface grids to users in other ways such as adding a custom web tab or a custom link. To set up these types of integration, please follow the steps in our user guide:
Set up editable related lists on Salesforce record detail pages
GridBuddy Opportunity Pipeline Manager comes pre-packaged with editable related lists that can be added to Salesforce record detail pages.
These editable related lists are Visualforce pages that can be added to relevant page layouts as page layout components. GridBuddy Opportunity Pipeline Manager comes packaged with 4 of these pre-built Visualforce pages for the following objects:
- Account – GBAddOnAccountPageTabbedGrid.page – Tabbed editable related lists for the Account record detail page.
- Opportunity – GBAddOnOpportunityPageTabbedGrid.page – Tabbed editable related lists for the Opportunity record detail page.
- Contact – GBAddOnContactPageGrid.page – Editable related list of Tasks for the Contact record detail page.
- Lead – GBAddOnLeadPageGrid.page – Editable related list of Tasks for the Lead record detail page.
Follow these steps below to add a Visualforce page as a component on a Salesforce record detail page. This example demonstrates the steps for Account but you can follow the same steps to add these pages to the Opportunity, Contact, and Lead embedded grids.
First, go to a specific Account record detail page and click “Edit Layout”.
Select the “Visualforce Pages” option and drag a new Section onto the page layout.
Name the new section whatever you’d like, make sure it has a “1 column” configuration, then click OK.
Now drag the “GBAddOnAccountPageTabbedGrid” Visualforce page into the new section you’ve created.
Now click the wrench on the right-hand side of the Visualforce page to adjust the properties.
Change the default height to 610. This will ensure the grid fits into the view. Make sure “Show scrollbars” and “Show label” are de-selected (the Visualforce page renders these automatically).
After you save the page layout – you will see the embedded Account grids reflected on the page.
Note: if you already installed the Service Cloud add-on, you could choose the GBAddOnAccountTabbedInclude.page include instead, edit either page to include missing grids/tabs, or edit the grids either page to incorporate the attributes of the other page’s grids.
GridBuddy Opportunity Pipeline Manager comes packaged with “Edit in GridBuddy” buttons that can be added to the Account or Opportunity list views. These buttons allow users to access a grid from the list view so users can see an editable list view that includes related objects. For example, when the “Edit in GridBuddy” button is added to the Account list view, it launches the “Accounts with Related Objects” grid.
To add the “Edit In GridBuddy” button to the Account list view, go to Setup > App Setup > Customize > Accounts > Search Layouts.
Click “Edit” next to the Account List View option and add the “Edit In GridBuddy” tab to the Account list view.
Now click the “Accounts” tab and click “Go”.
And the “Edit In GridBuddy” tab is visible. Note that custom filter conditions you’ve defined in the Views are not transferred to GridBuddy. The “Accounts with Related Objects” grid that is launched from this button can be updated to reflect custom filter conditions in the GridBuddy configuration settings.
To set up the list view button for Opportunities – follow the same steps in the Opportunity Search Layout section in Setup.
Customize grids to add the fields and filter conditions you want
All grids on the GridBuddy Opportunity Pipeline Manager Add-on utilize standard fields that are available in any Salesforce org. As an Administrator, you also have the ability to customize the pre-packaged grids to include the objects and fields that are specific to your use case (both standard and custom).
To edit a grid as an Administrator, load the grid in the “Grids” tab – then click “configure”.
This will take you into the Grid Wizard – our 3-step process for creating and modifying grids.
- Step 1 – Basic configuration options
- Step 2 – Add/modify the related objects, fields, and actions for the grid
- Step 3 – Add/modify filter conditions for the grid
Note: Changes you make in the Grid Wizard will take affect for all users.
Sales Cloud folder grids
- Accounts with Related Objects – shows Accounts with related Contacts and Opportunities.
- Opptys with Related Objects – shows Opportunities with related Tasks and Opportunity Products.
- My Open Tasks – shows Tasks assigned to me that have not been Completed.
- Contacts with Tasks – shows Contacts with related Tasks.
- My Opportunities – shows Opportunities assigned to me, sorted by Account Name.
- Today and Overdue Tasks – shows Tasks assigned to me that aren’t Completed and the due date is either today or has already passed.
- GBAddOnAccountPageTabbedGrid – Tabbed grids that can be embedded on the Account record detail page.
- GridBuddy Related Lists tab.
- Contacts with Tasks tab.
- Opptys with Opp Products tab.
- GBAddOnOpportunityPageTabbedGrid – Tabbed grids that can be embedded on the Opportunity record detail page.
- Tasks tab
- Opportunity Products tab
- GBAddOnContactPageGrid – Tasks grid that can be embedded on the Contact record detail page.
- GBAddOnLeadPageGrid – Tasks grid that can be embedded on the Lead record detail page.
List View Buttons
- Edit_in_GridBuddy on Account – custom button to launch Accounts with Related Objects grid from the Account list view.
- Edit_in_GridBuddy on Opportunity – custom button to launch Opptys with Related Objects grid from the Account list view.
Detail Page Buttons
Add these buttons to the Account, Opportunity, Contact, and Lead detail page layout to easily launch “related info” grids in a new window or from Cirrus Insight.
- Launch_Related_Records on Account – launches the GBAddOnAccountPageTabbedGrid tabbed grid view.
- Launch_Related_Records on Opportunity – launches the GBAddOnOpportunityPageTabbedGrid tabbed grid view.
- Launch_Related_Records on Contact – launches the GBAddOnContactPageGrid tabbed grid view.
- Launch_Related_Records on Lead – launches the GBAddOnLeadPageGrid tabbed grid view.
For questions about GridBuddy Opportunity Pipeline Manager, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org