Sales Development Manager
Introduction and Background
AppBuddy, a mature Silicon Valley startup, is seeking a Sales Development Manager to be a part of the quickly growing AppBuddy Sales and Customer Success organization. AppBuddy’s flagship product, GridBuddy, has transformed how users interact with Salesforce.com data in hundreds of enterprise organizations even Salesforce.com. GridBuddy drives huge increases in user adoption, user productivity, and data accuracy by providing users with editable interfaces into Salesforce.com so that they can update Opportunities, Forecasts, Account Plans, and any other sales or service process all in one view.
Qualified candidates have will have a proven track record of scaling a Sales Development team within an enterprise SaaS company as well as in a startup environment. The Sales Development Manager will be responsible for management, mentoring, coaching, motivating and training a successful Sales Development Representative (SDR) team, ensuring the team is meeting their outbound lead targets. The SDM will have high moral integrity and will serve as a role model to the team early in their career. You will be part of our Sales team based in Millbrae. This is an amazing opportunity for the aggressive sales professional who makes things happen.
- Lead, hire, and train a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) whose role consists of prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification
- Develop SDRs into sales-ready candidates for further development within the organization
- Develop and coach to a best-practices framework of account-based and persona-based prospecting with personalized pitches
- Hold each SDR accountable to defined performance plans
- Lead weekly call reviews with SDR team, both in team and 1:1 settings
- Own SDR “meetings attended” number
- Measure and continually find ways to improve process and performance
- Refine SDR standards, process & metrics
- Build and document scalable systems and processes to grow SDR team
- Drive team to keep SFDC/SalesLoft fully populated and up-to-date
- Ensure that team has high quality account and lead lists
- Motivate individuals and teams to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives
- Regularly report on team/individual results – quantity & quality of leads and revenue to the Sales President
- Work closely with Marketing on defining campaign follow up and reporting
- Work closely with SDRs to ensure lead quality/quantity and proper follow up
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
- Ensure disciplined use of Salesforce.com and call plan
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience leading high-performing outbound business development teams
- Prior experience leading a team of SDRs at an enterprise SaaS company
- Experience leading from the front: proven track record in outbound/cold calling sales exceeding personal sales quota for more than 2 consecutive years
- 2+ years of sales experience selling IT or technology solutions
- Experience with CRM solutions, salesforce.com and SalesLoft preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Enthusiastic leader with the ability to inspire others
- Deep understanding of generating pipeline through outbound activity
- Experience managing and improving SDR KPIs
- Desire to continuously learn and improve processes
- Consistent track record of quota overachievement as an individual contributor
- Results oriented, metrics driven track record
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in salesforce.com
Salary & Position
Compensation includes competitive salary and benefits. This is a full-time position at our Millbrae, California Office.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AppBuddy is a company that empowers enterprise software users to access the data they need through innovative data management and end user reporting solutions. It’s flagship product, GridBuddy, leverages the Force.com® platform to solve the most common issues that users have with Salesforce®, thus driving higher user adoption rates, better use of time, higher quality data, and lower development costs. AppBuddy offers an exciting, fast-paced, startup environment with a lot of momentum and an extremely talented team. We are a small outfit, yet growing fast!
GridBuddy is a platform for enabling admins and developers to create custom data management user experiences for highly transactional or complex Salesforce business processes with no code. GridBuddy is a highly versatile solution that can solve a wide range of customers’ problems (it is claimed that GridBuddy once even saved an elderly woman from an oncoming train :). Yet because GridBuddy can do nearly anything, it can be challenging to communicate its value in a focused, easy-to-understand way. This is where quality content creation and passionate evangelism are needed!
More about AppBuddy here
AppExchange products by AppBuddy: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/results?keywords=appbuddy